Thursday 5 July 2012

THE BLESSED CURSE- THE SCREEN WRITING COMPETITION

The blessed curse
That dark day was a blessing
The blessing which was cursed
Silent wounds were inflicted
That could never be nursed
The day you were discovered
Your father was delighted
And your grandma too
Was never more excited..
I curse the machine till date
That told them you were my girl
They didn’t want your rosy cheeks
And honey golden curls
Immortal Shame I carry in my heart
That I couldn’t save you
My loved ones turned into beasts
I couldn’t take the horrific rue..
It was painless laser
And In a minute you were dead..
I was numb and my ears burnt
“We will have a son now” your living father said
I miss you my child each and every day
And curse my own soul ,
Prabhjot Kaur , a student in electrical engineering loves to write poems in her free time.She also is a good dancer,a thorough thinker and a very much expressing ‘free being’ and believes in speaking out for a cause. Keeps a keen interest in spirituality, which in my opinion reflects in her talks and hence in her poems.She blogs at PURPLE VIBES

Out I live yet I die…
They seem to wet me more,
Greasy surrounding though.
It is not an easy breathing,
With all surrounded foes,
Holding knives out to pluck me out.
Let me remain in this blood.
Here I can hear the beats,
And the music of my own…
If I get out from this hideout,
You might burn my cry.
Let me stay for a few more days,
If I am out, will you keep me safe?
If I am in, she dies.
Let me remain in this conch.
Here I can cry day long,
And make her smile…
They surely wet me more,
Greasy surrounding though.
Let me touch the cable of trust
And never rip it apart.
Was I ‘Him’? Would you wait?
To try to never let me cry?
Cry that would give me breath,
Cry that would make me alive.
They surely wet me more.
Greasy surrounding though.
Outside I sleep in my own blood pool,
Inside I have my mother’s.
Be thankful to the creator though
You never had a chance to be mother.
Here I can hear the beats,
And the music of my own,
Here at least I live for few months
Out I live yet I die!
©2009 K Narendra Pai


IF YOU ARE A WRITER, YOU CAN DO SOMETHING TODAY TO HELP

THE SCRIPTFACTORY AND GENERATION NEXT MOVIE PROJECT PRESENTS, THE 1st SCREEN WRITERS COMPETITION FOR SHORT MOVIES

1ST PRIZE 1OOK NAIRA + A LAPTOP
2ND PRIZE 50K NAIRA + A LAPTOP
3RD PRIZE A LAPTOP

SCRIPT ISSUE: THE GIRL CHILD
Due to the success we recorded in our writers workshops and other programs and in our bid to encourage writers and improve on the quality of screenplays coming out of NOLLYWOOD, we have decided to take things a little further and kick off our Screen Writers Competition.
We have selected the issues surrounding the girl child as it relates Millenium Development Goals (MDG'S)

Writers are required to submit short film scripts of not more than 15 minutes or between 25-30 scenes.

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR

Well told stories that incorporate all the elements of good movies. Suspense, drama, tension, good grammer and punctuations. the scripts can be traditional or modern. The best 6 scripts will be optioned for a compilation of short films and royalties will be paid accordingly after production and marketing. Apart from the chosen script all other scripts will be returned after selections and judgements. send only soft copies of registered scripts to thescriptfactory2006@yahoo.co.uk

ENTRIES OPEN ON 30TH 0F JUNE AND CLOSE ON THE 15TH OF JULY.

RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A PRESS EVENT ON THE 30TH OF JULY.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, YOU CAN CONTACT THE SCRIPTFACTORY ON THIS LINE 08181001080 or REGINALD EBERE ON 07087124314.



No comments:

Post a Comment